Position: Intern Architect
Level of Experience: Intermediate – Senior
Gair Williamson Architects is a design driven practice with a focus on the urban condition and the craft of construction. Our work varies from adaptive re-use and heritage renovation (predominantly in the Gastown / Railtown / Chinatown districts) to new build projects across Vancouver and beyond.
We believe strongly in the office as a teaching environment for emerging architects and wish to attract like minded individuals. Our office is composed of individuals with a diversity of experience and background, and we strive to create a team environment where all team members contribute knowledge and opinions, weigh in on design decisions, and also have the independence to make decisions and manage projects suited to their skills & experience level.
We are seeking to fill an intermediate Intern Architect level position immediately. The position is suited to a talented, professional practitioner with 5+ years of experience working in the field of architecture.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & attributes:
– Proficient with AutoCAD and at least an intermediate REVIT user: GWA works exclusively in REVIT on all projects and the successful candidate will be capable of managing a work-shared project file with a small project team;
– An ability to efficiently meet deadlines, manage budgets, and take a leadership role: experience in running projects, producing working drawings, coordinating drawing sets, and construction administration experience are required for the position;
– Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as you will need to manage client / consultant relationships, liaise with City officials on a regular basis, and work in a team environment;
– Confidence with detailing, both architectural and technical, the ability to understand and adapt details across project types and scales, and familiarity with Canadian construction codes, terminology and common practices a strong asset;
– Be registered as an Architect or Intern architect with the AIBC or eligible for registration;
– A proficiency in English both written and oral is essential;
– 5+ years of experience in an architectural office, applicants with Vancouver experience preferred but not essential.
Contact Info: Please submit a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please do not reapply if you have submitted an application in the last year. No phone calls please